Dental Implants Sydney
We can replace missing teeth with a dental implant
Dental implants are an aesthetically pleasing and secure way to replace missing teeth and restore dental function. If you have lost a tooth or need to have a tooth extracted, a dental implant may be the best option for you. When it comes to dental implants in Sydney, North Shore Dentistry are the specialist team to turn to, with years of experience and the latest innovative technologies at our disposal.
Why it’s important to replace a missing tooth
The replacement of a missing tooth is pivotal to your overall oral health. Losing a single tooth or multiple teeth is a serious issue as it can create significant health and cosmetic issues. When you lose a tooth, it impacts your overall oral health and function. Some of the effects of a lost tooth include:
- Increased stress on adjacent teeth
- The remaining teeth shift out of alignment. This can make them harder to clean and lead to decay and gum disease
- Resorption (deterioration) of the jawbone due to lost stimulation, which will eventually affect facial volume and shape
- Inefficient occlusion (bite)
- Cosmetic/aesthetic concerns
The dental implant procedure
Consultation with one of our dentists will determine if an implant is the best treatment option for you. If you need a dental implant, we will plan the treatment with you using modern software and cone beam 3D scans which can be performed in-house to ensure that the implant is placed in the best position to assure longevity. All of our implants are done under strict infection control standards and only superior dental implant components are used to ensure you receive the best possible treatment.
The implant treatment process:
- Osseointegration – installation of the artificial root in the jawbone, which is then left for months to properly integrate into the bone. North Shore Dentistry uses Precision Guided Surgery using 3D technology, which eliminates the need for painful surgical procedures. We conduct a keyhole approach, speeding up the healing process.
- Abutment – after the implant root has successfully integrated with your jawbone an abutment is installed, encouraging correct gum regrowth by joining the crown and the root.
- Restoration – finally the crown (the part which looks like a tooth) is permanently attached.
Benefits of dental implants
There are other options available for replacing missing teeth, such as bridges and dentures, but implants are increasingly gaining popularity compared to these treatments. An implant tooth looks and functions like a normal tooth and is known for not affect surrounding teeth in a negative as well as being able to better preserve the jawbone from deterioration.
Dentures can be uncomfortable and limit what foods you can eat, but when you opt for our dental implants in Sydney, you can eat, drink and smile with confidence and comfort. Implants are a long-term solution that with proper care can last a lifetime.
However, as with all dental treatments, North Shore Dentistry will discuss any risks or complications associated with implants to ensure you are fully informed of the process.
Costs and Finance
At North Shore Dentistry, we offer affordable dental implants. Book a consultation to determine the exact cost and the length of the treatment period for you.
emergency Dental Implants north shore sydney
If you need an emergency dentist, contact us right away. Quick treatment is your best chance at avoiding the consequences of lost teeth. We are open six days a week and happily accommodate appointments after hours.
To find out more about dental implants, or to make an appointment, please phone us on 02 9449 9366 or alternatively send us a message. Our friendly staff will be able to answer all your questions.
The information provided above is general in nature and not intended to provide specific advice. Contact North Shore Dentistry to discuss whether this treatment is right for you, and the risks it carries. Your dentist will conduct an examination and provide a diagnosis, advising you on the appropriate treatment for you. Further information will be provided regarding the treatment, as well as a discussion of possible complications and costs involved.