Dental Implants - North Shore Dentists
We can replace missing teeth with a dental implant
Dental implants are an aesthetically pleasing and secure way to replace missing teeth and restore dental function. If you have lost a tooth or need to have a tooth extracted, a dental implant may be the best option for you.
Why it’s important to replace a missing tooth
The replacement of a missing tooth is pivotal to your overall oral health. Losing a single tooth or multiple teeth is a serious issue as it can create significant health and cosmetic issues. When you lose a tooth it impacts your overall oral health and function. Some of the effects of a lost tooth include:
- Increased stress on adjacent teeth
- The remaining teeth shift out of alignment. This can make them harder to clean and lead to decay and gum disease
- Resorption (deterioration) of the jawbone due to lost stimulation, which will eventually affect facial volume and shape
- Inefficient occlusion (bite)
- Cosmetic/aesthetic concerns
The dental implant procedure
Consultation with one of our dentists will determine if an implant is the best treatment option for you. If you need a dental implant, we will plan the treatment with you using modern software and cone beam 3D scans which can be performed in-house to ensure that the implant is placed in the best position to assure longevity. All of our implants are done under strict infection control standards and only superior dental implant components are used to ensure you receive the best possible treatment.
The implant treatment process:
- Osseointegration – installation of the artificial root in the jawbone, which is then left for months to properly integrate into the bone. North Shore Dentistry uses Precision Guided Surgery using 3D technology, which eliminates the need for painful surgical procedures. We conduct a keyhole approach, speeding up the healing process.
- Abutment – after the implant root has successfully integrated with your jawbone an abutment is installed, it encourages correct gum regrowth and will join the crown and the root.
- Restoration – finally the crown (the part which looks like a tooth) is permanently attached.
Benefits of dental implants
There are other options available for replacing missing teeth, such as bridges and dentures, but implants can have a number of advantages over these treatments. An implant tooth looks and functions like a normal tooth, the treatment doesn’t negatively affect surrounding teeth and better preserves the jawbone from deterioration. Dentures can be uncomfortable and limit what foods you can eat whereas implants can restore your dental function and allow you to eat, drink and smile with confidence. Implants are a long-term solution that with proper care can last a lifetime.
Costs and Finance
At North Shore Dentistry we offer affordable dental implants. Book a consultation to determine the exact cost and the length of the treatment period for you.
emergency Dental Implants north shore sydney
If you need an emergency dentist, contact us right away. Quick treatment is your best chance at avoiding the consequences of lost teeth. We are open 6 days and happily accommodate appointments after hours.